Okta Integration Guide
What You'll Need to do
There are two main steps you’ll need to follow to complete the deployment. Total time is usually under 30 minutes.
- Download the On-Prem MFA Agent from the Okta administrative dashboard.
- Install the On-Prem MFA Agent. Configure the agent with the values provided by your Twosense account manager.
- An Okta Org. If you don't already have one, you can get a free account at https://developer.okta.com/
- An account or active trial with Twosense. Please contact us here to obtain a 30-day trial if you don’t have one already.
- You will need an Okta account with organization level privileges to install the Okta On-Prem MFA Agent.
- Provide your Twosense account manager the IP address of the server that will be running the Okta On-Prem MFA Agent.
- The Radius host, port, and shared secret provided by your Twosense account manager.
- Log in to your Okta instance with an administrator account.
- Navigate to Security → Multifactor, then select On-Prem MFA in the navigation menu.
- Click Add New Agent.
- Use the Download the agent link provided in this window to download the On-Prem MFA agent. Make note of the Instance ID provided to you. It will be used during the installation.
- Run the downloaded agent on your Microsoft Windows server. You may need to adjust IE security settings to allow interaction with the Okta website during this process. Follow the step-by-step installation until it is completed.
- Once the installation is complete, you should edit the On-Prem Multifactor Authentication Settings within the same page where you downloaded the agent. The following settings will need to be configured:
- Provider username format: Okta username
- Hostname: Provided by your Twosense account manager
- Authentication Port: Provided by your Twosense account manager
- Shared Secret: Provided by your Twosense account manager